Re: In-Wall Audio for One Room?

joelfinkle wrote:
> So can I use an in-wall amplified volume control and single input
> without a multi-room controller?  Or am I hopelessly naive.  It looks
> like I'd need to get power to it at the very least, but that's not
> insurmountable.

For this, I would second the A-Bus recommendation (or a system similar
to A-Bus like the OnQ lyriQ system,
http://www.onqlegrand.com/jahia/Jahia/lang/en/pid/1054).

With these systems, in addition to a central music source, you can also
put in a "local source" input
(http://www.onqlegrand.com/jahia/Jahia/lang/en/pid/1056) that you can
use to directly plug in an audio source (such as your PC) and play it
over the room speakers.

The wiring is simple. Power and audio share a single Cat-5. Speaker
wires only need to go from the keypad to the speakers. This makes it
easy to retrofit, should you decide to add other rooms to the system.

- Mark.