Re: Suggestions for X10/Automation Widgets

Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

<stuff snipped>

> Another poster commented on stray RF commands from neighbors.  Here is
where
> the CM15A can help without getting too complicated.  I'm not suggesting
> security at the level of entry systems.  Just a 2 or 3 code press within a
> time window to enable relaying a received RF command to the powerline.
The
> goal is to prevent neighbors stray commands from controlling his X10
> modules.

I was the OP on that segment of the question.  The CM15A can act as a
whole-house RF blocker if modified to look for a preamble to each code and
just ignoring commands without it.

My real need is to enable a standard X-10 8-in-1 remote (UR24) to be able to
send commands on all housecodes without resorting to reprogramming the
remote's housecode each time.

--
Bobby G.