Re: Suggestions for X10/Automation Widgets

>It would seem that either of these has a problem where the module plugs into
>an outlet.  This would somehow have to be protected.  I've seen exterior
>outlets with flip up covers that might be large enough to weatherproof a
>plug-in module.  Our solution for Christmas lights at the old house was a
>plastic bag and tape.  The X10 plug-in modules we use have switches to set
>codes, so they don't forget.

I tried the plastic bag approach a few times and had some problems.
The main issue is the house code and device code selector rotary
switches are cheap, cheap cheap!   It seems that any moisture that
gets into the X10 module from being outdoors (even when in a plastic
bag), has an effect on the rotary switches and they become
intermittent after that.   That's why I wish there was a no-nonsense
outdoor X10 module solution.

Beachcomber