Re: 2 100amp panel coupler help needed

In article <1134489856.440876.185420@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, carlford@xxxxxxx (carlford) writes:
| Dan Lanciani,
| Like the others here I have been a fan of yours for over 9 years and
| thanks for looking at my problem.  Phil suggested the following in this
| cut and paste from his email to me.
|
| " As far as you question on "the 2 100amp panel installation ???", I
| wrote most of those old articles from 1996 through 2001.  My
| responsibilities have since changed and I am no longer in that
| position.

[...]
| 2.  If your two 100-amp panels are side-by-side and fed from the same
| transformer (and, most likely, the same meter), you should be able to
| treat them as one big 200 amp panel.

The fact that you can see a significant difference between connection
to the two panels is what makes this difficult.  It suggests that there
is some impediment to the signal between the two panels.  Assuming that
you can't change this situation you won't be able to treat the two panels
as if they were one.

You could try to figure out what is going on or just accept that there is
significant (but not complete) isolation between the panels and work from
there.  This is really the worst possible case since without complete
isolation it is very tricky to use multiple repeaters, and with poor coupling
you really want something on each panel.  I'd be very tempted to try the
CA000 (with CR234) if it is still available.

| As far as the difference when moving the 6201 from panel A to B the
| only thing I can think of is that CM15A and Comfort's Tw523 are located
| on circuits in panel A.

That may well explain the functional differences, but the fact that there
is a difference at all between two panels which I assume are connected
by heavy (and not too long) cables to the same meter is troubling...

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl@danlan.*com