Re: Suggestions for X10/Automation Widgets

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 22:55:48 GMT, "Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>"Dan Lanciani" <ddl@danlan.*com> wrote in message
>>
>> Given the recent threads here, maybe you should build a true 4-port (or
>> more) repeater.  Or a 2-port repeater with an interconnect bus to allow
>> systems with arbitrary numbers of synchronized ports to be constructed.
>> (This would be different from ACT's SCC bus which behaves more like a
>port.
>> You would need arbitration.)  You could even incorporate my noise
>dampening
>> idea.

X10 Wish list:

An outdoor appliance module with a rugged weatherproof design that has
true EEPROM memory for its device and house code so it doesn't forget
when the power is removed.

The same outdoor module, but with dimmible lighting capability in
addition to the features specified above.

A decent X10 web controller program possibly based on AJAX technology
so the whole page doesn't need to be refreshed for status updates and
a TCP/IP interface with DNS to interface the X10 world (powerline and
RF) to a hardware box, just as if you were plugging in another
computer to your router.  Also, something that completely gets away
from the old serial and parallel ports, since these are becoming
obsolete in the computer world.

Wireless X10 thermostats that can handle multiple temp sensors and
multiple control points with status and telemetry data.   A single
display that displays all the temp sensors in your house + outside
temp, furnace run hours, etc.

Beachcomber