Re: Suggestions for X10/Automation Widgets

> In X-10 RF mode the UR24 doesn't send anything until you press a function
> button. So sending double codes, while possible, doesn't seem very
practical
> to me.

I know we've gone over this before, but I am a little slow on this stuff so
I am not sure I understand this.  If I press:

[05] [06] [ON]

what does the UR24 send via RF?  (Right now, it turns on B6, the default
housecode).  Are you saying that the first button press is just lost in a
buffer somewhere?  Is this part of what Dan was referring to in the
difference between IR and RF codes coming from the UR24?

If that's not practical, what are some other methodologies for accessing all
16 housecodes on the UR24 without having to reprogram the default setting
and then change it back?

> However, if you are not using AUX for anything, it can send RF codes for
the
> MouseRemote, *Anywhere, etc. It might be possible to use that along with a
> smarter CM15A to accomplish what you want to do, even switching
housecodes,
> but it would be taxing for most folks to remember all the secret
handshakes.

AUX2 is free, but I want something that's simple.  It's sounding more and
more like I'm just going to have to live with pressing [X-10] [Setup] a lot
more than I want to.  :-(  It would have been so nice to just enter all
commands like:

[08]+[03]+[ON] to turn on H3.

> A far better solution is to switch to a programmable remote that can send
> RF. For example, you can add an RF transmitter to a Pronto TS1000
(assuming
> you can find a used one) or you can buy a refurb Pronto TSU3000 for ~$180.
> It sends 418MHz RF but you can add a 418MHz RF receiver to a smarter
CM15A.

I've got a busload of RF remotes and my wife has even learned to use them.
They aren't going to be replaced any time soon for that simple reason!  I
guess I'll go back to Google and try to find the all-housecode mod to the
UR24 that I came across a long time ago - long before I knew I would need
it!!!

--
Bobby G.