X10 questions

I have a bunch of X10 stuff installed and it is flaky.

Problem #1:

Some parts of the house can't be controlled from some equipment etc.

The below will solve the problem, correct?

http://www.smarthome.com/4816a2.html

Problem #2:

I have a series of the X10 Slimline switches which, since they don't
plug in to anything, must actually be small RF remotes, correct?  These
switches are flaky, I'm guessing because the signal is inconsistent.
Would the following help?

http://www.x10.com/automation/x10_sr731.htm

Does this thing affect macros that include RF commands?  If so, the
only reason I use RF commands in macros is the problem in #1 above, so
that's should not be an issue any more, correct.