Re: Inexpensive Home Automation in Australia

Hi Rick

Although not as cheap as x10 ....I would suggest  using CBUS as Dave
has mentioned in his post.....If your friendly with  your sparks he
should get you the CBUS kit  at trade prices.........Have a quick look
at my site for the CBUS info....I have my pirs connected to my alarm
system "Genesis"an Oz panel and i pass pir status to  CBUS + Homevision
(my ha controller) via relays.....
For pc based HA control have a look at xPL....I believe theres a Linux
version and also a CBUS Plugin so you can control cbus via other apps
etc....

http://www.hobby.armaghelectrical.com.au/page38.html

http://wiki.xplproject.org.uk/index.php/XPL_News

http://www.genesiselectronics.com.au/