X10 universal module?

Hello group..
I am looking for something that I fear they may not make any longer.  X10
used to carry two different "universal modules" for controlling different
things, one (the one they have now) has relay contacts which you can connect
to things such as garage doors and such, but the other one you could connect
to a button (or thermostat) and when the contacts were closed, it would send
the set code on and when broken, it would send off..It worked great if you
wanted to control something with a low cost thermostat and now I want to do
this with a thermostat to control my garage vent fan..But now I can't find
this one..Anyone know what I am talking about and know if there is anyone
who still makes one?  Looking at both X10 and smarthome it looks like the
one they have now doesn't do this..

Thanks so much!
John