[no subject]

Most of the negatives have been posted by folks whose concern is
the present lack of certain features such as a 3-way dimmer.
Some want to see a more useful remote -- the handheld is
primarily intended as a programmer.

One frequent poster has repeatedly derided Zwave, apparently
without ever having seen, much less tested it.

My impression of Zwave is it's significantly better but somewhat
more costly than X10.  It's way less expensive than Radio RA, the
closest competing technology.  Because of the interest of so many
major industry players holes in feature availability should fill
in within a year or two.

Is it right for you now?  That's something only you can decide.
You could hobble along on X10 and wait a while for more
feature-laden products.

> (I suppose someone will accuse me of violating this
> newsgroup's charter by mentioning HomeSeer...)

Not by me you won't.  Other gentlemen posted objections, not so
much to mentioning a competing product as to the manner in which
it was done.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass