Re: is it possible for x10 signal bridge to fail?

Chip Orange wrote:
> I have several X10 lights which suddenly stopped responding, intermittently,
> to X10 signals.  by turning on and off some 220V appliances, I've come to
> believe that it's a failure of the whole-house signal bridge, about 10 years
> old.
>
> Since this is a completely passive system (my understanding anyway), I'm not
> sure how it could fail, but I wanted to ask here if having it replaced by an
> electrician is a reasonable effort at problem solving, since I can reliably
> make these switches respond by turning on 220V appliances?
>
> thanks.

Anything can fail.  But I'd try diagnosing the problem before I went off
and replaced it.

I had some stuff stop working.  Discovered it was caused by moving the
laptop switching power supply to another wall socket.
mike

with links.  Delete this sig when replying.
.
Wanted 12" LCD for Compaq Armada 7770MT.
MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK