Re: Neutral wire at switches for outlets?

> In my home, there is a 3-way circuit which controls a group of outlets and
> group of lights.  In the process of stripping the outlets out of the
> circuit,  I discovered that the circuit hot comes from the breaker, but
> the neutral comes from another (unswitched) circuit of outlets.
>
> By my thinking -- the neutrals are all common at the breaker anyway, so it
> shouldn't make a difference. Is there any reason for me to be concerned
> about this?

Yes.  There are a few cases where this is legal but it is a bad practice
even then and can pose a safety risk.

The theory about them all being equal because they are connected at the
breaker is only valid if there is no resistance in the wire or connections
and all connections are 100% reliable.

If the neutral is connected to a 2nd circuit and ANYTHING is on (including
night lights, or AV equipment that has a remote) they are putting a voltage
on the neutral for that circuit.
Depending on where your branch of the neutral is connected to the circuit,
the voltage on it will vary but will not be 0.