Re: Household electrical current to Excel ???

Declan McEvoy wrote:
> That data logger and current clamp looks good. I wonder can it pass the info
> directly to Excel without having to gather and store the collected data. I
> wonder what the approx cost of the logger and clamp is?
>
> The problem (I think) with the second option, the optical sensor is that it
> takes a long time for one rev of the disk if there is only minimal things
> happening in the house and so the responsivness of seeing the effects of
> turning on and off appliances for short periods (10 secs) might not be good
> or immediate.

As other posters have pointed out - some meters do not have disks at
all! Mine has a regular pattern of black radial bars near the edge,
giving 100 divisions. Yours may easily be different. An opto-sensor*
looking at the bars of mine is certainly capable of resolving an
increase of say 50W in total load for 10 seconds duration. *Human eye,
that is - using an electronic opto-sensor would give far better
resolution, as the time between bars could be resolved to microseconds,
if need be.

--
Sue