Re: X10 noise issue

Did you ever solve this. I am having exactly the same issue. At around
10am modules start reacting intermittently and it clears up around 7pm.
It is so bad that if I plug the controller into a wall module that is 1/2
controlled and the other 1/2 hot wired it would still not controll the
switched side of the module.
I believe this interferance must be coming from a nieghbors house.
Any thoughts?

-------------------------------------
Art Todesco wrote:

> Hi All,
> I thought I had solved a sudden change in X10 behavior, however, it
> seems to be getting worse.  I thought I traced it down to a battery
> charger which definitely had an effect, but that doesn't seem to be the

> case anymore.  The problem is that some "talker" can't get to
> "listener"
> but can get to others.  One channel (a wall switch module) just seems
> turn on randomly.  It is then very difficult to turn it off via X10.
> You have to actually use the wall switch.  BTW, earlier in the day I
> could turn it on from one of the 16 button manual controller, however,
> some times it would take 2 or 3 tries before it would succeed.  It
> seems
> to change from hour to hour ... seems worse in the evening, best in the

> morning and mid afternoon.  Can noise be coming in from outside the
> house?  Does anyone have an experience with the so-called whole house
> noise blocker/couplers like Smarthome PZZ01?  This is starting to drive

> us nuts!  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.cabling-design.com/forums
comp.home.automation - 5224 messages and counting!