Re: Should be simple but never is, help pls

Outdoor motions are always prone to false calls due to animals, birds,
bugs etc.  Even in my detached garage I was forced to use two PIRs
wired in parallel to ensure against false calls.  Something as simple
as a moth landing on one of the sensors would trigger an alarm
otherwise.

That said, and understanding that you want to avoid batteries, I'm
suggesting you look at these anyway:

http://www.firstdetection.com/optex/

I've used these with great success and the batteries last a LONG time.

The wireless receiver has a set of contacts you can use to trigger
whatever you want.  Only a single set of contacts however.

As far as limiting alarms outside a certain time period - that's what
home automation is all about.  Use a controller like an Ocelot,
Homevision, etc to log the alarms and output during selected periods.

I live in the country and the universal intrusion alarm has four legs
and makes a sound like bark-bark. Extremely reliable, but easily falses
if an armadillo happens through at 3 in the morning.

One last thought.  If you're not a home automation user, you might
consider buying a small 6 or 8 zone alarm panel.  It should allow you
to do what you want and give you some added security as well.  I like
Caddx, others have their preference.

Good luck.

John