Re: 66 block or jack adapters?

BruceR wrote:
> From:Richard_Guse@xxxxxxxx
>>
>> I only have one phone line and nine phone jacks throughout the
>> house in a star configuration.  What are the pros and cons of
>> using a splitter vs. a 66-block?  After reading this group for
>> a while I'm still not clear on the pros of using a 66-block.
>
> If you use the common "split 66" block you can terminate all the
> station cables down one side of the block and then daisy chain the CO
> lines down the other side. Connection is made using bridging clips to
> connect one side to the other. This makes for MUCH easier
> troubleshooting and a very tidy installation.

To add to what Bruce mentioned, I had 2 lines coming in to a series of 66
blocks, with 18 jacks throughout the house, all home run to the central
control panel ( a 4x8 sheet of plywood in the basement).

I decided to keep one "conventional" line for the alarm and switch the
other line to VoIP.  Because everything was set up on 66 blocks, the entire
change-over from 2 telco lines to one telco line and one VoIP
line involved very little fuss and only a few wiring changes.

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat