Re: Irda control a sound amp

"Paul" <webster1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:kCBLe.212697$5V4.139994@xxxxxxxxxxx
: IRDA doesn't work with AV equipment, it's made for short range data only.
:
: "WeeWillyTonka" <WeeWillyTonka@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
: news:42fdedcd_3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
: > m trying to control a amp by IrDA ,I have a SigmaTel USB Dongle.
: > I have tryed Remocon-Con Ver.2.8 but keep getting the error (The system
: dll
: > user32.dll was relocated in memory ,....memery occupied an address
: reserved
: > for windows).
: >
: > Is there any windows software that I can use to do this,
: >  if possible something that would learn from the real remote.
: >
: > I will tell you what I have here :
: > A headless unit running 2k that is used as a mp3 store for winamp and I
: > remote access this from a laptop by UlraVNC.
: >
: > So what I need is to be-able to control the amps from the laptop aswell.
: >
: > The laptop runs XP Home.
: >
: >
: > I hope that that is understanable.
: >
: > WW
: >
: >
:
:
I beleave, yes it has only a short range for data transfer-but for short
burst as a remote the range is some what more 12/16ft.Then I may be wrong as
with a palm,thats the thing I can find loads of software ect for a palm but
only very old not working with XP for a notebook :(

WW