A question or two about WGL's V572A

Hi everyone and David!

So, as you know, I have made the decision to go for a whole-house
transceiver, complete with an external whip antenna.  Cool!

Now, I was just wondering two things:

1 - I know I need another piece to make it work... the PSC05 or a
Powerlinc module.  I understand that the PowerLinc module is better
since it Transmits & receives extended X10 codes.   I hate to sound
like a noob, but just how important are these extended codes.  Right
now, I am really just using the usual housecodes with 16 devices on
each.

However, I _do_ plan to set up my cameras soon, complete with
pan/tilt/etc.  Do the cameras use extended codes?  I really am not sure
how important they are...

Sounds to me like I should spend the extra $15 and go for a PowerLinc
rather than the PSC05, correct?

2 - I notice there are different PowerLincs.  The 1132CU, 1132CUP,
1132U, etc.  Are all these compatible with the WGLV572A?  Some are USB,
some are serial, some have memory built-in, etc.

I will be using the CM15A to store macros, so I guess I don't need that
functionality.

Any words of wisdom are welcome.  I'd love to make the purchase, but I
won't do so without your advice!

Thanks!

Mike