Re: need basic program to print string to printer port

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:36:48 -0400, No wrote:

> Its been a while but assuming you have a PC in the mix you can possibly do
> this in a batch program...
>
> A line like
>     print "hello world" > lpt1
>
> Variables and other fancy stuff could be used.
>
> "Sancho" <sancho@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> zhowdy folks.
>> I need to be able to put  string to a printer port.
>> (using the 8 lines for different device controll)
>> is there a basic program out there for that
>> or some kind of script I can use?
>> thanks
>> Sancho

Did you mean the Programming Language BASIC?
If so, then

A$="string you want printed"
print a$

If DOS, save your string in a file and
copy /b file.txt lpt1:

(the /b means it is binary and could be anything)

--
Brad Houser
http://siliconvalleyupgrades.com/