Re: Understanding X10 Dims???

In article <ZtidnVUsO8aJx2XfRVn-gQ@xxxxxxx>, ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx (Robert Green) writes:
| "Charles Sullivan" <cwsulliv@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > Robert,
| > Thanks for your response.  Yes, Dave's post is clear, but it
| > doesn't answer my questions.
| >
| > I can direct the CM11A to send the same dims multiple times
| > (with a few seconds delay in between) but the dims reported by
| > another CM11A (looking at the actual byte reported, not converting
| > to a percentage) vary by 1/210, occasionally 2/210. Why the
| > variation?
|
| Sorry it didn't help.  I thought what you had been describing was that if
| you had a pause in the stream, the CM11A now thinks you're sending microdims
| so DIM_DIM without a gap gives a 6% dim whereas a DIM DIM with a gap is read
| as a two microdims which are 2/210 or 1.2%.

Although a lot of references use this description I do not believe that
it is correct.  I think the initial DIM or BRI always results in a micro
step regardless of whether it is followed without a gap by additional
commands.  See:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.home.automation/msg/0e3445aee7941493

So the original poster's '+ X' would always be at least + 1.

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl@danlan.*com