Insteond, Linux & Insteon

I've been a bit busy writing a daemon called Insteond. It's modeled
after Dan Lanciani's x10d. So far I'm doing a bad job of emulating it
but I'm getting better. Insteond is a daemon that interfaces the
Smarthome Serial PowerLinc V2 PLC to a TCP port (you telnet to it).
It currently only supports the basic on/off/dim/bright x10 commands
and the on/off Insteon commands. It is Alpha quality software (written
in a rush) and has no error or bounds checking. But for the most part
it does work.

http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/common/insteon/index.html

I've been using it under Linux (Fedora 4) and Gentoo. You need a
serial port (I'm using a Moxi board and a USB dongle). Most likely it
will compile and run under other Unixes but I don't have access to
them so I may not be of much help. I haven't tried to use insteond
with Karl Denninger's HomeDaemon yet but I did try it with my old
x10dwatch and it didn't work. There seems to be an issue with my user
a few of them).

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               (Text only)