[no subject]

Subject: Bass busted!
From: "Andy Bowman" andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 4/25/2002 5:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time

Norco also doesn't go posting lies in their competitors guest books
pretending to be someone else either! I must say I was shocked when I traced
the headers Robert, I really thought it was Mike from Alarm Services at
first, but when I looked at my site logs, Mike's IP had never even been to
the site as of then. The one from Comcast however caught my eye and I
immediately compared it to the one left in the guest book and guess what?
They both match yours, a Comcast ISP (cable modem?) in Sarasota FL.

For those who care, Bass made two posts in my customer testimonials guest
book on my site at www.alarmsystemstore.com The first was a test post
pretending to come from Mike (Group Moderator), the other was a bad service
/ product post pretending to be a Nomen Nescio. Below are copies of both.

Sorry to add to the pollution of the group here, but I very rarely post here
and when I do it's not usually to hawk my wares like Robert, the one time I
did though I guess Robert felt intimidated and threatened that I was
invading his territory and decided to resort to childish tactics.... sad.
Get a life will you Robert....
I really would have never thought he would do anything like this, his ethics
should seriously be questioned now, as you he was caught red handed. I would
have thought he would have at least tried to hide himself better... perhaps
his arrogance got the best of him this time, not thinking I'd be smart
enough to trace it to him.

Robert, I guess the prices on the site were so much better than yours that
you decided to try and discredit me as opposed to compete fairly. Too bad
you have to resort to these tactics. Too bad for you it will have no impact
huh, the comments were deleted within an hour....

Now, be a man and admit to the group you did it and promise not to do it
again or I will join your fanclub and post a variation of this post to alert
your potential customers here on a routine basis. I'll also report the
incident Comcast and, hell I may even throw up a webpage on your distasteful
competitive practices. The balls in your court, friend.

First guest book entry:

(1) Full Name
tester
(2) E-Mail Address
alarmservcs@xxxxxxx
(3) Home Page URL
www.alarmservicesinc.com
(4) Home Page Title
(5) Date (system)
4/25/02
(6) Time (system)
3:07 AM
(7) IP Address (system)
68.56.141.54
(8) Comments
test

The second one:

A new post has arrived with he following information:

(1) Full Name
Badenov
(2) E-Mail Address
Nomen Nescio <nobody@xxxxxxxxx>
(3) Home Page URL
none
(4) Home Page Title
(5) Date (system)
4/25/02
(6) Time (system)
3:11 AM
(7) IP Address (system)
68.56.141.54
(8) Comments
Terrible service! Ordered from this store and got a real run around.
Overpaid for good and got no service.

Ripofs!--Sincerely,Andy Bowmanwww.alarmsystemstore.com"Robert L Bass"
<robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
messagenews:o9Lx8.119439$XV5.10759531@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> AFAIK,
Norco does not offer software. Their FAQ is a tiny fraction ofmine.> And
they do not offer free, unlimited tech support via toll free lines;> 7-day a
week service; free, unlimited downloads by modem or a raft ofother> things I
do.>> Regards,> Robert L Bass>

PS: Mike from Alarm Services Incorporated adds:
GOOD WORK ANDY....Nice Pick Up.............
For the record I never visited your site OR wrote in your guest book....

Below is Robert L. Bass Replying:  (Trying to WEASEL HIS WAY OUT, as always)