Re: Is there an easy way to tell if it is a phase problem?

It is larger that 2K sf but we just completed some construction so
running all the new wiring from the old box wasn't practical either.
Our house is a little over 3K sq ft.
1.  Do you think having a repeater at one box will work for wiring
coming off the other?
2.  Does every house then require a repeater to get x10 everywhere?
3. re: alternating legs in breaker box - trying to minimize the time I
have to invest in x10 testing:  Do the two columns start with the
different legs (so that the top two are on different legs)?  I can then
test some switches on the same leg.