Want modem to call my Cell Phone on events.

Hi All, I am still trying to get my home monitoring system to call my
cell phone when an event occurs. I am running a Dallas 1-Wire
temperature monitoring program by Timo Sara-aho and it has a function
to run an external program on high or low limits. In the past I used
WTSqMail to send SMS to my cell and this worked great but I will ne
discontinuing my cable modem for Dialup and will need another solution.
My hardware is 400mhz Pentium running Win98CE with an internal 56k
modem.
I used a simple xxx.bat file to send the WTSqMail messages but I cannot
get a bat file to echo a dialing string to the COM port.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Dave