Re: Really Stupid Things I Tried

On 3/30/2024 9:03 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 3/30/2024 4:43 PM, ABLE1 wrote:
>> On 3/30/2024 6:11 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
>>> I tried to do little extra things to help my guys out, but it was
>>> never appreciated.  Stupid things I tried included:
>>>
>>> I once asked a local hotdog place to run a tab for me, and told my
>>> guys if they "ran out of cash" before the next pay day they could use
>>> my tab there.  They bitched me out up one side and down the other
>>> because they didn't want to eat hotdogs EVERY F'IN day.  I closed the
>>> tab.  I didn't say I was buying lunch every F'N day.  I had figured
>>> I'd have to pick up the tab for them a day or two a couple times a
>>> month.  Yeah, the tab looked like they had been inviting all their
>>> friends, family, neighbors, and that weird guy down the street they
>>> didn't even like.
>>>
>>> I once put a couple cases of sodas in the office fridge and told a
>>> guy if he was thirsty he could grab a soda out of the office fridge.
>>> Two days later it was empty.  I didn't say anything, and on day three
>>> he rather pointedly told me I was GOING TO HAVE TO restock the office
>>> fridge.  He'd been talking an arm load out to his service truck every
>>> morning.  I unplugged the office fridge the next day and told him it
>>> was broke and I couldn't afford a new one after supplying him with an
>>> 18 pack of sodas every day.
>>>
>>> I once told a guy I kept spare change in the ash tray of my truck if
>>> he needed to buy a soda.  Just to see I dumped about ten dollars
>>> worth of quarters in it (plus what was already in there).  At the end
>>> of the week he dutifully TOLD ME I need to put more money in the
>>> ashtray.  I said, sorry.  "That was for if you ran out of money, but
>>> now I have run out of money.  I don't know How I'm going to make
>>> payroll.  I'm ten dollars short.  Just the amount I kept in the
>>> ashtray."
>>>
>>> I used to keep extra fuel in gas cans in one of my service trucks.
>>> One guy kept telling me He needed to fuel his truck every other day.
>>> I followed him to the gas stations and sat across the street and
>>> watched when he filled the gas cans, but didn't put any fuel in my
>>> truck.  I took the gas cans out, installed locking caps, and filled
>>> the trucks myself every weekend after that.  Nobody every said
>>> anything about the locking gas caps, but that one guy did try to tell
>>> me he needed gas in his truck twice after that.  "Nope.  I filled it
>>> yesterday.  You do not."
>>>
>>> Early on when we had a slow day I would ask the guys if they wanted
>>> to go home or go fishing.  I paid for everything when we went fishing
>>> of course.  One guy got mad when it was a day to work, and said, "Bob
>>> you are a good fishing partner, but a lousy boss."
>>>
>>> "Yeah, I know.  I was a total douche bag for cutting off your flow of
>>> free hotdogs for your extended family, friends, neighbors, and that
>>> weird guy down the street you don't even like."
>>>

>> Well golly gee whiz Bob!!!
>> Are you so bored that bad memories pop back into your head??

> [...]

Well OK then, your itinerary is F-U-L-L of too much STUFF!!!
For me every day is a Saturday and today was a Double Saturday!!

Next Saturday we are taking a trip to Niagara Falls so we will
be in the best location on April 8th!!

Hoping for no clouds!!  Will get a double whammy at 3:17pm with the
Horseshoe Falls lighting up and the Solar Eclipse.   Y-A-H-O-O!!

Les