Re: Just decided to post something else.

On 11/1/2023 9:01 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Saturday, October 28, 2023 at 6:51:52â?¯PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
>> Hello all,
>> Or the few of all we are!!
>> Anybody still checking in here from time to time
>> hoping that someone of us post something??
>>
>> FWIW I did a full re-surfacing of my Asphalt Drive on Thursday!!
>>
>> Never did one before and will never do one again. Very challenging
>> but I did learn a few tricks that seem to work for the past 48 hours!!
>>
>> Other than that every day is still a Saturday!!
>> Today's Saturday was a special one!!
>> I went on a 2 hour ride today on my 1977 Suzuki GS550. It was good
>> to get back in the saddle. I was on roads that I have NEVER traveled on
>> before. Which means that when I got to a fork in the road I took it!!
>> ð???
>>
>> End of my typing!! Hope someone enjoyed the read!!!
>>
>> Les
> I've only been checking in here about once a week now.
> Nothing much new with me. Still plugging away. Doing what I want and not doing what I don't want to do. Did a wireless camera job a couple of weeks ago. Arlo cameras that the customer bought and then decided it was too complicated to install themselves. Along with a Nest doorbell. Which became more troublesome than the cameras. They didn't have a doorbell to attach it to!
> .
> So I had to install a ding-dong door bell. Trying to get the door bell button in a convenient location and then find an electrical box to tap the transformer into was a headache. And especially the fact that I was doing electrical work that I'm not supposed to do in the first place. But anyway, it's done. Got another CCTV estimate coming up next week. A surround sound system. A pool audio system using Sonos.     etc. etc.
> OH GOD, WILL THE WORK EVER END?      8->
> Nah, jus kiddin. I'm still lovin it.
> See ya guys. I'll check in again soon

A doorbell should be "low voltage," and work just fine with a plug-in
transformer.  I suppose various jurisdiction can be different.

I never installed box store or self purchased systems.  I didn't want to
have to prove it wasn't my fault when/if it didn't perform up to their
expectations.

--
Bob La Londe
CNC Molds N Stuff