Re: FAI Security Guard II wireless security system

Hi Melissa,

I've sent you an Email but in case you don't receive it, and for the benefi=
t others whom are interested.

The technical info that ABLE1 (Les) provided from the manual is as he state=
d, what you are looking for.
As I concluded in the Email, if you don't find one I maybe able to send you=
 one.
I can also make up one from a radio dialer charger as they are the same spe=
cs, I just have to put a proper connector at the end of the cable and lengt=
hen the cable. I have many of these dialer chargers as the dialer's are now=
 obsolete since the advent of GSM in Guardpost's for communication.
Alternatively I could purchase a new one from Ness and send you that. Unfor=
tunately they are not listed on Ness's website so I would have to get in co=
ntact with them to order one. Mostly when I do service work and a charger i=
s required, I just make up one from a dialer charger, unless of course the =
customer wants a new one. All the new chargers are bigger and black with bl=
ack ugly cable, which looks terrible on most white walls. The dialer charge=
rs are white and I use white cable to extend it to any length required. The=
 only positive aspect of the new black charger is that it can be opened by =
unscrewing four screws if need be.

If the SGII doesn't have a flashing red LED (every 5 seconds) showing on it=
, I would say depending on the date you moved into the house and if the Gua=
rdpost was functioning prior to your moving in, it will most likely need a =
replacement battery. Attempting to charge a dead battery (especially on the=
 SGII) can most commonly default the system to factory specs, meaning senso=
rs (PIR's) and remote hand fobs may require reprogramming, as well as some =
system settings. Also you made no mention of an EOK (Emergency Override Key=
), which is handy for getting into system programming (on this model). Othe=
rwise the front cover needs to be removed to briefly disconnect/reconnect t=
he battery, which does the same thing as the EOK if used for that purpose. =
Other than that the EOK is used to shut the system down in case of hand fob=
 remote loss or failure if the system is in an ARMED state, etc, and you wa=
nt to STOP the very, very loud noise.=20

Cheers,
Greg