Re: DSC PC1616 handshake error

Just upgraded my old PC1500 system to a NIB PC1616 for the residential dial or private line communicator format feature to call my cell phone.  This was not available in the PC1500 as it was exclusively designed to dial a monitoring station.  It could dial my cell, but then it would redial about 8 times wanting a handshake tone(s).

PC1616 and PC1832 are now discontinued, replaced by the Neo series.  However as I understand the Neo series units do not have the residential dial or private line communicator format feature.

--
For full context, visit https://forums.cabling-design.com/security-physical/dsc-pc1616-handshake-error-64144-.htm