Re: If you are just going to throw it away send it to me...

On 5/19/2022 10:02 AM, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 2:03:05 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> When I quit contracting I contacted a former tech of mine (good guy
>> usually) who has started a little alarm business on the side working for
>> friends and family. He is a priniciapl alarm tech for the local county
>> government. I told him to come over and stock up. I'd give him tons of
>> stuff he can use dirt cheap. His response was to tell me to send him an
>> itemized inventory with prices. I declined and most of the merchandise
>> is still inboxes on shelves. I did throw away thousands of dollars in
>> sound and phone equipment that was just taking up space, but now I am
>> starting to begrudge the space (and inventory value for tax purposes)
>> the ramaining stock is taking up. I may post a picture of the dumpster
>> the next time I cull inventory, but I'm not going to spend time and
>> money to send it to anybody. Its literally cheaper to put it in the
>> dumpster.
>>
>> And for anybody who thinks they will be clever and go dumpster diving...
>> its private property and my dumpster has a lock. It would involve
>> several criminal offenses to be so clever, and my surveillance system
>> still works just fine.
>>
>> Jim Rojas got my old DMP receiver, and Les got "most" of my old modems.
>>
>> --
>> https://www.avg.com
>
> Hi Bob
> What's some of the categories of equipment you have?

I don't even remember anymore.  Lots of contacts I am sure.  Probably a
few keypads, but not the ones I need for my own use.  Transformers,
sounders, etc etc etc... I don't think I have any complete new panel
packs left anymore.  I had a Freedom 64 on the shelf, but I stole the
keypad out of it.  Just stuff.  There is a stack of P800s and P801s
(used) I haven't pitched yet that were returns on a lease.  Lots of
boxes and rings.  A couple cartons of nailing plates.  Lots of wire.
Stuff.  Modules, relays, stuff.

I'd actually start putting some stuff on Ebay, but Ebay now DEMANDS
direct access to your checking account.  You can nolonger shield
yourself from Ebay malfeasance or ineptitude as a seller by using
PayPal.  I did sell a few things on Ebay right after I shut down.  I
want to sell some things on Ebay for my primary business, but not until
I get around to opening a separate account in a different bank so they
can't screw me to badly.