Re: Extreme RF Noise source locating

On Thursday, June 16, 2022 at 7:06:08 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 6/16/2022 6:54 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:=20

> >=20
> > Any snowbirds in the neighborhood recently return home?=20
> >
> Hi Bob,=20
>=20
> Good question. I don't know the answer to the question.=20
> I will have to ask my customer to see if he knows.=20
>=20
> Thanks,=20
>=20
> Les

Hi Les,
Sorry so late responding. Busy busy!

I don't know if you mentioned in this thread which mfg wireless you are usi=
ng. If Napco, without me checking into the following for accuracy, - - - - =
- I seem to remember that there is an interference sensing feature in the N=
apco receiver. There's an LED, (green, I think) that will flash or stay on,=
 depending upon the type of interference. I think you have to take the cove=
r off of the receiver to see if it's on or not.=20
Also, I seem to remember that there is some sort of simple wide band receiv=
er that you can make out of a few transistors and a neon bulb. to see if tu=
rning things on or off will make the neon glow or not. Don't know if that's=
 any help since you don't know if the source is it the customers house or n=
ot. Running around the neighborhood with a little flashing light transistor=
 circuit on a long stick may get you a trip to the funny factory.
Just a thought, - - - - can you think of something that might be under cons=
truction or an airport or large manufacturer around the area? Check houses =
in surrounding few blocks for large antennas (Ham radio operators) Some of =
these guys try to do some strange things like boosting power to talk to som=
eone in South Africa. Also any electrical power grid stations nearby?