Re: Moose Z900 Software

On Sunday, December 12, 2021 at 7:39:56 PM UTC-7, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 12/12/2021 9:03 PM, Jim Davis wrote:=20
> > On Saturday, December 11, 2021 at 8:17:13 PM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:=
=20
> >> On 12/10/2021 9:57 PM, KJ7BZC wrote:=20
ll have this software or the password used to decrypt it?=20
> >> Z900? Really? Yeah, its a seriously old post. Ancient. Archaic even.=
=20
> >>=20
> >> Its a tiny generic archaic panel. Just replace it. Seriously. I know.=
=20
> >> I know. You want somebody to reveal on a public newsgroup industry=20
> >> secrets so you can save a couple sawbucks, but its just not worth it.=
=20
> >>=20
> >>=20
> >> --=20
> >> https://www.avg.com=20
> >=20
> > But - - - - -but - - - - it - - - it - - - it - - - could be MORE than =
$10.00 whole dollars ! ! ! !=20
> > En I PROMISE I won't tell anyone what the secret code is.=20
> > Why I never - EVER even gave away the secret code on my Sky King decode=
r ring. or even on my Orphan Annie decoder when I was a kid, so you know yo=
u can trust me.=20

> LOL=20
> Since this was posted I have been trying to remember if the software he=
=20
> desires is called RPM2PRO or Transport-PC. Either way I might have=20
> either somewhere but would have to move MOUNTAIN to find it. Even then=20
> this guy would need at least a WIN98 machine to potentially run it as=20
> well as a Hayes 1200 Smartmodem and POTS telephone line.=20
>=20
> WoW!!! I haven't typed those words in so many years I am surprised=20
> I even remember most of them. LOL=20
>=20
> Les

Well an update to this, I ended up figuring it out. I got Transport-PC up a=
nd running on an old 486, and it worked fine with a Hayes 2400. It was for =
a friend of mine that had one of those panels, and we just wanted to see if=
 we could get it to work again, and we did. I'm not trying to get apparent =
"industry secrets" revealed on here, the software was literally on the Inte=
rlogix website. I'm just trying to preserve and have some fun with the seri=
ously old systems that would just be ripped out and trashed typically, and =
meanwhile learn about how they used to work. Maybe someday, someone will ca=
re to see the old panels that got us where we are today, still working and =
communicating with their original software.

Keith