Re: What's NEW !

On 8/25/2022 10:02 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 8/25/2022 6:24 PM, ABLE1 wrote:
>> On 8/17/2022 10:11 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
>>> Well, I have to admit, for the first time in years, business has
>>> slowed down for me. I've never been affected by
>>> recessions/inflation/turndowns/upturns etc, etc. Also, I've lost a
>>> number of customers. Moving away, "out of the state" ( New York) say
>>> a majority of them. Some are retiring and moving "out of the state"
>>> Some, just to get away from the high taxes that go as benefits to pay
>>> the the "open boarder" mentality. As if the "defund the police money
>>> wouldn't have paid for it.
>>> I mean service calls are still coming in, and the jobs that I'm
>>> getting are high end, $5K, $9K. So that sort of makes up for the low
>>> number of installs. But I'm not used to not rushing around, getting
>>> parts, doing estimates, meeting deadlines - - - -  having a day off
>>> in the middle of the week now and then. Makes is kinda scary. Like -
>>> - - - - what's next?
>>> I just reviewed the Napco Isecure line of products. It'll probably
>>> workout OK. Just have to let it evolve by "other people" finding the
>>> faults for a year or two first.
>>>      If anyone wants my input / impression on it so far. Let me know.
>>

>> Hi Jim, et al
>>
>> I feel like I fell off the Planet.  My Thunderbird did a upgrade to the
>> latest version and in doing so cause all my newsgroups to disappear.
>>
>> I have spent hours and hours trying to correct, different software but
>> I had to learn something new!! Which hurt the brain.  Then I got some
>> help from others and was able to see (1)one newsgroup that I frequent.
>> The others were non-existent.  They just did not show up anywhere that
>> I could subscribe to.
>>
>> Then just yesterday a new version of Thunderbird was available.  I
>> loaded it about 30 minutes ago.  I went to the newsgroups and there
>> was no change. That is when I saw it!!!  A button with "Refresh" on
>> it.  I tapped it and then there the lost Newsgroups came up.  Yea!!
>>
>> So now I have recovered from my devastation!!  I'mmmmm Baccckkkk!!
>>
>> As for What's NEW!
>> Besides the above I just finished a huge 4 week project at a school that
>> added (3) Modular Units.  A total of (6) Classrooms.  I had to re-wire
>> and install Pull Stations, Smoke Detectors, Horn Strobes, Security for
>> all Doors, Motion Detectors, all connected to existing systems in the
>> school as well as the PA Speakers hooked up to the School PA System in
>> the Office. Had a Part-time helper that did manage to stress me a bit.
>> But, I survived and got it done on a T&M Basis with weekly billing.
>> All is good.  BTW while all that was happening I still had to take
>> care of multiple service calls for other customers.  Today, I crashed!!
>>
>> Sorry for the long read!!  Have a good weekend, when it gets here!!
>>
>> Les
>
> I miss Outlook Express.  Everything seemed to sort and organized easier
> [...]

Hi Bob,

Yes, I agree! I once had Outlook Express as well.  I do miss it!!
With Thunderbird now at v102.2.0 I kinda wish that it would remain at
what it is for a long time.  I only use Email and Newsgroups.  All the
OTHER STUFF I have no need for.  I was very frustrated and stressed when
this previous updated version caused what it did.

Hours and Hours of wasted time trying to figure it out what happened.

Les