Re: New Question

On 4/15/2022 6:39 PM, ABLE1 wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I had a call the other day from a guy asking if I can help him
> with a Access Control System problem he is having.
>
> He got my number off the Nortek Control web page.  And I am the
> only one that has returned his call.
>
> Anyhow the system is a HubMax II originally made by IEI I believe.
>
> Having no knowledge on the system I thought I would ask here if
> anyone know anything about the particular system.
>
> At this point he says that the system is working with all programmed
> cards.  The issue is that he can no longer learn in any new cards.
>
> I am presently searching to find if any parts are still available
> for this system but I am guessing that it is obsolete and parts
> are not going to happen.
>
> I have located the Install Manual and am presently reviewing it.
>
> So if anyone can give me a little hint or not it my help in some way.
>
> Thanks and have a good weekend.
>
> Les

I have no knowledge of that control, but my first check given the
symptom is the user limit.  Its entirely possible that they have maxed
it out.  Most low/mid price access control systems have a finite user
limit.  Some are much smaller than you might think.

If you find it has a 96 user limit (arbitrary choice), and the customer
says they only have 40 users that doesn't mean they don't have 56 ex
employees they never deleted.  End users are notoriously bad at good
housekeeping.

I tried to teach customers to have good record keeping if tracking and
control was a big issue for them, but until I started people using the
Napco access control management software I never had much luck with it.
  Before that I sometimes would hand them a physical ledger book and
write in some column names with a procedures instruction set written on
the first page.  The first instruction was always:

1.  If this book is not in your hand it should be locked up.

Sometimes it was locked up, but they couldn't remember where.  That
wasn't as bad as the ones who would say, "Oh I gave that to Joe in the
garage last month because he couldn't remember his code."

https://www.avg.com