Re: Hik Vision Phone apps for CCTV not working

On Thursday, April 14, 2022 at 6:28:42 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 4/14/2022 11:29 AM, Jim Davis wrote:=20
> > On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 1:52:38 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:=20
> >=20
es. So all were dynamic DNS. Some have been in for 6 years and working fine=
. Now all of them that were using IVMS4500 have stopped working. I have thr=
ee installations that are using HIK-Connect app and they're still working. =
All of them (using either App) were set up with port forwarding and dynamic=
 DNS.=20
company based here in the US near me in NY. At that time, HIK Vision was st=
ill using port forwarding But INVID was using P2P. Which is child's play to=
 set up. And get this ! I can actually get on the telephone and talk to an =
English speaking tech who'll stay on the phone with you and actually walk y=
ou though, step by step, to solve a problem. Even if it involves another mf=
g;s equipment in the system. And I don't have to sit on hold for a half hou=
r or more.=20
e HIK-Vision was just shutting down their servers in retribution for the Fe=
deral Government banning their use in all federal installations a few years=
 ago after they got hacked. So I thought that maybe I was going to have to =
change out all of the NVR's. INVID rep sat down with me and showed me the p=
rocess on how to transition HIK Cameras over to one of their NVR"S Not a st=
raight forward process. Then, as I looked into it more, I found out that HI=
K-Connect would work. Should be trying to convert my first one sometime thi=
s week=20
> >> It could be that the AP used a check in with Hik-Vision anyway. Lots o=
f=20
> >> Chinese IT equipment/aps does shady stuff. I think they also used to=
=20
> >> work with regular browsers (for PC anyway) and not just with a company=
=20
> >> remote client program. I set up a few not so bright users with PC=20
> >> internet browser links directly on their desktop. "Click Here For Vide=
o."=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > The "Click Here for Video" in your post isn't active. You'll have to po=
st the URL=20
> > But anyway, I switched my first customer over the other day to HiK Conn=
ect App. I was able to use the P2P linking. It went pretty smooth. Fortunat=
ely that NVR was new enough to have the P2P capability. On the plus side - =
- - - the customer decided he wanted to upgrade the system from analog came=
ras to an IP system. $$$$ ! ! !=20
> > I've found instructions on line explaining how the switch can be done m=
anually using passwords, etc. So, if I come across an NVR that doesn't have=
 the P2P capability I'll give the manual method a try,=20
> > I'll post it here.
> The name of the link of the customer's desktop. LOL.
> --=20
> https://www.avg.com

OH Jeeeze!=20
I thought you were trying to show me something   LOL  ;- ))))