Re: Hik Vision Phone apps for CCTV not working

On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 1:52:38 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:

> > All but one is residential but even so there are no static IP addresses=
. So all were dynamic DNS. Some have been in for 6 years and working fine. =
Now all of them that were using IVMS4500 have stopped working. I have three=
 installations that are using HIK-Connect app and they're still working. Al=
l of them (using either App) were set up with port forwarding and dynamic D=
NS.=20
> > Once HIK Vision got hacked I stopped using them and now use INVID, a co=
mpany based here in the US near me in NY. At that time, HIK Vision was stil=
l using port forwarding But INVID was using P2P. Which is child's play to s=
et up. And get this ! I can actually get on the telephone and talk to an En=
glish speaking tech who'll stay on the phone with you and actually walk you=
 though, step by step, to solve a problem. Even if it involves another mfg;=
s equipment in the system. And I don't have to sit on hold for a half hour =
or more.=20
> > .=20
> > When I first became aware of this present problem I thought that maybe =
HIK-Vision was just shutting down their servers in retribution for the Fede=
ral Government banning their use in all federal installations a few years a=
go after they got hacked. So I thought that maybe I was going to have to ch=
ange out all of the NVR's. INVID rep sat down with me and showed me the pro=
cess on how to transition HIK Cameras over to one of their NVR"S Not a stra=
ight forward process. Then, as I looked into it more, I found out that HIK-=
Connect would work. Should be trying to convert my first one sometime this =
week
> It could be that the AP used a check in with Hik-Vision anyway. Lots of=
=20
> Chinese IT equipment/aps does shady stuff. I think they also used to=20
> work with regular browsers (for PC anyway) and not just with a company=20
> remote client program. I set up a few not so bright users with PC=20
> internet browser links directly on their desktop. "Click Here For Video."

The "Click Here for Video" in your post isn't active. You'll have to post t=
he URL
But anyway, I switched my first customer over the other day to HiK Connect =
App. I was able to use the P2P linking. It went pretty smooth. Fortunately =
that NVR was new enough to have the P2P capability. On the plus side - - - =
- the customer decided he wanted to upgrade the system from analog cameras =
to an IP system. $$$$ ! ! !
I've found instructions on line explaining how the switch can be done manua=
lly using passwords, etc.  So, if I come across an NVR that doesn't have th=
e P2P capability I'll give the manual method a try,
I'll post it here.