Re: Hik Vision Phone apps for CCTV not working

On Saturday, April 9, 2022 at 4:55:03 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 4/9/2022 1:28 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:=20
> > On 4/8/2022 6:57 PM, ABLE1 wrote:=20
> >> On 4/8/2022 9:00 PM, mleuck wrote:=20
-the-discontinuation-of-ivms-4500-software-and-hiddns-service/=20
> >>=20
> >>=20
> >> Well that SUCKS!!!!!=20
> >>=20
> >> As if I don't have anything else to do!!!!=20
> >>=20
> >> Thanks for the input!!  I will now start to CRY!!=20
> >>=20
> >> Les=20
> >>=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > Its been a while, but the last HIK Visions system I installed could=20
> > still use port forwarding.  For business customers most have a static=
=20
> > IP.  For residential customers there are both paid and unpaid accounts=
=20
> > at DYNDNS.org.=20
> >
> You are right Bob!! Which is how I set them up with Port Forwarding.=20
> Which is why mine are working after the shutdown. I have been=20
> investigating since the other day and I it seems you beat me in posting=
=20
> here. Now I can sleep tonight.=20
>=20
> Thanks!!=20
>=20
> Les
Well, "back then" (prior to P2P setup) all I did was port forwarding.
HOWEVER - - -  even though - - - I've got three (port forwarded ) systems d=
own (that have called me so far) and as I try to get on to some of my other=
s myself,  I see that I can't get into them either.=20
I don't know what's different about your port forwarding. So obviously my  =
"fickle finger" curse is still working.
I'm not calling any of the people who haven't called me. Just trying to avo=
id an avalanche of calls all at once. I've got about 20 out there. I'm goin=
g to one of the ones that called this coming week to switch them over to Hi=
k-connect. It's a system that I'll be able to have easy access to for a few=
 hours if necessary.  I'll do the other two who called me then I'll call th=
e rest of them one by one after i learn the process and I can get in and ou=
t of each of them quickly.
As you say,=20
As if I don't have anything else to do  !      |:-(