Re: Did you miss me?

On 9/28/2021 8:10 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 7:44:28 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> I was gone for almost a whole day. Did you guys miss me?
>>
>> Looks like aioe crashed. Form posts I saw earlier today seems to
>> indicate even their website is down. I just now figured out how to get
>> my old Eternal September account to work with Thunderbird. Ok, to be
>> fair I never really tried before.
>>
>> --
>> https://www.avg.com
>
> Hmmm, I know what Eternal September refers to re: AOL back in the early 90's ( You may have noticed that I "still" use AOL from those days)
> But what is an Eternal September "account"?

AIOE and Eternal September are free (**read & post) Usenet servers still
in operation.  It looks like AIOE is back up and operating as of now.  I
am using their server to read your post.  I seemed to recall Eternal
September charges a one time setup fee like ten dollars, and never
another fee after that.  I know I have not paid again in more than a
decade of use.

There are a lot of read only Usenet servers.

I noticed you have an AOL email account, but I've never felt the need to
look at your headers and information to see where your posts appear to
originate from.