Re: ademco vista reporting

On Monday, October 11, 2021 at 1:02:29 PM UTC-4, spyros wrote:
> any idea why ademco vista 12d can't send alarm reports on arc? cid format=
 on standart phone line.. what i am missing?? thanks...
=20
Hi Spyros,
I'm not a user of "ademco" products but when you say "standard" phone line,=
 what do you mean? Hard copper land line? VoIP?=20
There are so many kinds of telephone services today. And  - - - -  even if =
you start out with hard copper at your end, your communication path can cha=
nge from one technology to another along the way.=20
Here in the States, there is a big movement by alarm companies to cellular =
because it reached a point that there where so many different telephone pro=
viders that alarm companies didn't know if the telephone provider or the cu=
stomer were going to change the type of service after they did an installat=
ion causing alarm reporting to not work.
I personally include cellular communicators with every installation now day=
s.