Re: [CFP] 4th International workshop in Artificial Intelligence and Industrial Internet-of-Things Security (AIoTS)

On Monday, November 8, 2021 at 5:42:32 PM UTC-5, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 11/8/2021 1:52 PM, Jim Davis wrote:=20
>=20
> >=20
> > When ever I hear the term "Artificial Intelligence" a number of thought=
s passes through my brain that revolve around a few articles I've read that=
 say that the general intelligence of the human race is in decline. That sp=
eculation along with the development of artificial intelligence makes me wo=
nder if this is the natural progression of evolution of intelligent species=
 throughout the universe. That is, as a species evolves up the evolutionary=
 tree it gets smarter and smarter in order to survive. Survival of the fitt=
est. But when that species is at the top of the food chain and begins to be=
 able to control it's environment, and create various means to have things =
done for it, that reduces the need of the species to think in ways to insur=
e it's survival and thus the evolutionary decline in intelligence. Now thro=
w in the development of artificial intelligence. I wonder if our first cont=
act with another species in the universe will be with a species of totally =
or partially artificially intelligent beings.=20
> > .=20
> > If you want to see the results of this, see if you can find the movie "=
 Idiocracy"=20
> > It's not a great movie but it sure makes one think.=20
> >
> Hi Jim,=20
>=20
> Then there is this possibility, I mean absolutely!!=20
>=20
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D3O9FFrLpinQ=20
>=20
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dww47bR86wSc=20
>=20
> Both discuss the same thing just in a different way.=20
> I am sure there are others ways of saying it.=20
> The major thing is that Stupid People...... Breed!!!=20
>=20
> Nuff Said!!!!=20
>=20
> Les

Well, I certainly believe that there are more - - -  let's say, "unintellig=
ent" people in the world. Whether they are stupid or ignorant, I don't thin=
k, makes any difference. Sure, one can say that the ignorant can learn but =
I would think that the vast majority of ignorant people will never get the =
opportunity to get educated so the end results are the same. That is, just =
add the ignorant in with the stupid. And THAT's a lot of people. And yes, I=
 would agree that stupidity and ignorance do breed and propagate those cond=
itions in the next generation.=20
.
Getting back to the artificial intelligence aspect - - - as it applies to t=
he universe and space exploration  - - -  It does seem to make sense that t=
he development of artificial intelligence and robotics probably should be t=
he next "natural" step in evolution of any biological species. There is no =
way that a biological entity will ever be able to accomplish interstellar e=
xploration. If we can just reach that point of exploring our galaxy to the =
extent that allows us to relieve the pressure of overpopulation, perhaps by=
 that time the joining of the biologic, robotic and AI into one entity will=
 provide a "being" that can withstand the rigors of time necessary for inte=
rstellar travel.=20
And just to remain on topic - - - I'll bet there will be a lot of alarms on=
 that space ship. ;->