Re: OT: Somebody Called the Sheriff On Me

On 6/21/2021 11:44 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> If you don't want to read a rant.  Stop right now and hit your kill key
> on this thread.  This is a rant.  Its also not alarm related.
>
> I was a licensed contractor for 23 years.  Never had a complaint on my
> license (a real complaint) and only had two BBB complaints.  Both of the
> later just didn't want to honor the terms they agreed to and their
> letters just read like they didn't want to pay their bill.  After the
> second time and the BBB listed me with a B while listing companies I
> knew first hand engaged in fraudulent practices with an A I told them
> they were prohibited from listing my company at all.
>
> Well recently I had a customer pay for a custom job.  I told them up
> front that there was about 16 weeks custom work already paid on my jobs
> board, and that all jobs were done in the order they are paid.  PERIOD
> NO EXCEPTION and I understand if they want to look for somebody else.
>
> That is pretty much the standard in the market niche I work in now. Some
> new guys do work on spec or take partial deposits, but they quickly
> learn like I did that you get stuck with items on your shelf you can't
> sell and can't get paid for.  Lots of guys don't tell customers how long
> its going to take, and they don't respond to demanding emails at all.  I
> tell them upfront and I try to always respond to their requests for
> updates.  I actually had a customer tell me early on, "No Bob.  I will
> pay you up front just like I would have to with anybody else decent in
> the business."  I've been that way ever since.  I have about 14-16 weeks
> work on the custom jobs board right now so obviously its a workable model.
>
> The customer from paragraph two started giving me crap and being
> demanding after about 8 weeks.  I told him that we were not close to the
> terms he agreed to and pointed out it was sent in email and it was on
> his invoice.  Well he went off the deep end telling me he had already
> contacted his bank and they had refunded his money, and threatening to
> "write lots of reviews."  He didn't have the nerve to actually say bad
> reviews or slanderous reviews, but I thanked him for the warning and
> asked him if he would so kind as to send me links to those reviews so I
> could share them with all my happy customers.  He went off the deep end
> again and threatened to sue me among other things.  I'm not sure exactly
> what he would sue me for, but I let him know his reply wasn't really
> coherent and I was blocking his emails.  I also told him that if he
> tried to circumvent that I would consider a harassment (harassment is
> criminal) complaint against him.  Within a minute or two my phone was
> ringing.  I was in the machine room setting up a job, but when I went
> back in the office I looked up the CALL ID and it was this guy.  I'm
> glad I didn't answer.  He didn't leave a message.
>
> I was a bit annoyed and decided to call it a day before I broke
> something or worse hurt myself and everybody's jobs got delayed.  I was
> [...]

Whoopsie!!!
I hit the Send Key to fast!!

Well hello Bob!!  Hope your day is going better!!
I totally get the frustration.  This guy had nothing better to do for
his day than to waste Your, Deputy(X2), Sheriffs(X2) time.  Very sad!!

Needless to say he needs something done to cost him some serious money
that he will not have a idea or clue how it happened!!!

First we have to find a quite friend in Florida.......and then.........

Have a better week!!

Les