Re: Vista 20P 5800 series wireless InSaNiTy!

On 1/19/2021 2:45 AM, RTS wrote:
> On 1/18/2021 10:13 PM, Airdorn wrote:

>>>     if all your systems with problems  have a receiver outside the panel
>>> box,  you could try torid traps on the yellow/green wires going from the
>>> panel to receiver..
>>> that might help with the RF on the leads..
>>>
>>> RTS
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> *Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*
>>>

>> RTS:
>>
>> Got an example of such a torid wrap? DO you mean like a ferrite bead
>> or choke for RF?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

>    yea thats right,  some times a single pass through the bead will do,
> other times a couple of turns around the bead is needed.
> Usually the Q of the bead will decide the correct number of turns..
> If your receiver is fairly close I'd guess straight through or 1-2
> turns..  (close to the panel end of the run)
> If a longer run of wire  try them at each end of the wire run..
>
> Engineers will give you the long formula,  I find it quicker to
> just experiment..
> Like some others have said,  you might tinfoil the receiver case
> (just don't block the antenna)
>
> The aim is to reduce the stray RF getting to the processor..

Yes, I did this once a couple of years ago to get Video from an
IP camera back to the NVR from a Lighted Sign at the road.
There was no way other than trenching or wireless to get the signal
there.  Trenching would have cost an Arm and a Leg if not more and
Wireless is a PITA.
I used a pair of TP-Link Power Adapters and when the LED lights came
on the sign at night the video went elsewhere.

The answer was to install Ferrite Cores on the AC power line.  I got
a pack of about 16 units that were split and I just snapped them
on the wire.  Don't remember exactly but I think it took about
12 or so to stop the noise.  All has been good ever since.

The point of the above is that on the conversation Split Ferrite Cores
could help with the Ademco Wireless challenge.  But, it will take a
bit of experimenting to get it right.

Good Luck!!

Les