Re: The _________ Is Beeping

On 4/11/2021 11:03 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
 > I have had customers tell me the ___________ is beeping in the middle of
 > the night for no good reason.
 >
 > a) Keypad
 > b) Window Contact
 > c) Motion Sensor
 > d) ____________ (other)
 > e) All of the above

Them:  The stupid alarm goes off everyday at 3:45 in the morning.

Me:  What does the keypad say when the alarm is going off?

Them:  System Ready

Me:  You mean you aren't turning your alarm on when you go to bed at
night.

Them:  No.

Me:  When do you use it?

Them:  We haven't used it.

Me:  So why do you have it monitored.  I'll take your money, but
honestly there is no point if you never use your alarm.

Them:  What about the alarm going off?

Me:  Oh, its not the alarm.  You have an alarm clock somewhere nearby
set for that time.

Them:  Its coming from the keypad.

Me:  That's pretty unlikely, but if you want to pay for an overtime
after hours service call I'll be glad to come out around 3:30 so I can
help you look for the alarm clock.

Them:  That's ridiculous.

Me:  Ok.  Like I said find the alarm clock.  I suggest a hammer to
disable it, but just turning it off would also work.

Them:  You are no help.  Click.

~~~ Three days later ~~~

Them:  We found the alarm clock.

Me:  Thanks for letting me know.