Re: Whew! pretty long dry spell here is ASA

On 9/29/2020 1:43 PM, Jim Davis wrote:

> Another rant I went on was when I had a 3PM appointment with a doctor. When I arrived the waiting room was packed, standing room only. They asked me to sign in. The sign-in sheet asked what time my appointment was so I wrote in 3PM. As I glanced at the list I saw that 5 other people had 3PM appointments with the same doctor. I asked the receptionist why there were so many for the same time and she said " Oh we regularly over book so the doctor is never without a patient." I just hit the ceiling! WHAT ???? So we're all supposed to sit here for the next 2 or three hours because there are 5 other people with the same appointment time ? ? ? And what about the other doctors here? Are they all over booked too? I loudly asked the other people in the waiting room if they thought that was appropriate to do and did they plan to spend the rest of their day waiting for a doctor who overbooked 5 people?
> AHHHHHGGGGGGG Two other people walked out with me after my rant.
> I'm sure they must have changed their sign-in sheet after that event.
>
> Try it. Treat them like a business. It confuses the hell out of them.
>
> And for me, it does my soul good   8-))
>
> As I've said before. I used to wonder where cranky old men come from.
> Now I know.

Funny!!  A number of years ago my wife was working for a Temp Agency.
She was sent to a Dr. Office.  She was told to double and triple every
appointment.  So your experience wins!!

Also about 20 years ago my family doctor retired and transferred all his
patients to another doctor.  I ended up making an appointment at the new
office.  I showed up as I always do about 5 minutes early.  I checked in
and took a seat in the waiting area.  I sat there for 45 minutes before
being called back to an exam room.  Sat in the exam room for 15 minutes
till the doctor came in.  Bla Bla Bla  He said, make an appointment for
two weeks and I will give you small bottle to come back with a urine
sample.  So I went out to the counter and asked what was the very first
appointment in the morning.  The girl says that will be 8:30am.  I said
I will take the 8L30am appointment in two weeks.
So, I returned again 5 minutes early for the 8:30am appointment.
Checked in and went to the waiting area.  There was another guy
sitting there and he was doubled over in pain.  In my humble opinion
the guy was having a Kidney Stone attack.  Having a large number myself
I really do know.

Anyhow I sat there for 35 minutes.  The other guy was still there
as well and still in visible pain.  At that point I got up and went
to the counter and asked the girl "What is the value of having an
appointment in this office."  She giggled and said "What time was
your appointment."  To which I said, "It really doesn't matter
because you can flush it!!"  I slammed the pee bottle down and
walked out.

Later when I got home I sat at my computer and drafted a letter to
the doctor.  Explaining and detailing my experiences in his office.
At the end I stated the following.
"You will find with this letter an invoice for my time.  You may pay
it or not.  By your action I will understand."

Two weeks letter I received a check in the mail.  I never went back
and I found another doctor.

Les