Re: Whew! pretty long dry spell here is ASA

I am correcting a WHOOPS!!  It is not fixed!!

On 9/21/2020 9:39 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
 > Hasn't anyone got anything going on that's worth talking about?

Hi Jim,

Well, you certainly had something to say.  Thanks for the interesting
side note into your daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual work
load.

The truth is you beat me to the punch.  I was thinking the same thing
over the past few days that ASA has been quite for a while.  That being
said, my input will be a bit smaller in reading.

I have been taking care of small service calls and minor upgrades.
Refused a couple of jobs that just didn't fit my desires.

Got a call from a guy that was thinking his daughter should have a
system in the house she just purchased.  Rather than spending the
time doing a full proposal I just sent her with a cc to daddy that
the estimated cost would be about $1800.  Got a email back from
him saying that the number was double what a DIY system would cost!!
And then he asked me to do the full proposal.  What she got was
my "Sorry I am too busy letter!!"   I got the feeling that the
whole working relationship was going to be a challenge with daddy
pull'n the strings.

What I am working presently on is the 3G to LTE upgrades.
I used your draft with a few minor adjustments and sent out a batch
last week.  Have started to call customers to set up an appointment
for the upgrade.  Had one when I called I first asked if he received
my letter??  He said, "Oh yea I did, didn't open it, was just going
to throw it in the trash."  Some people just live on different planets.

Below is my final draft.  And yes, it is about 99% identical.
Dear customer,

As we all experience now days, old technology is constantly being
replaced with new, Seems like we just get used to our new cell phones,
laptop or Ipad and a new one is being advertised.

Likewise, in the alarm business, we are also subject to the advances
that the cell phone providers make with their technologies.

You presently have a cellular radio installed at your home/business
using Third Generation (3G)cellular technology that is being replaced
with Forth Generation (4G), (LTE) and soon to be 5G cellular technology.

As evidenced by the history of their past performance, the cellular
service for your device will become less and less available as they
transition to the newer 4G (LTE) technology. At some point around the
end of 2020/21, the 3G service will no longer be maintained and your
alarm system will no longer be able to communicate with Central Station.

I will be contacting you over the next couple of months to make an
appointment to change your system over to the new 4G(LTE) cellular
service.

As always, thank you for your business and loyalty through the years.
It's been a pleasure serving you.

Please call if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Ok, so now my posting is almost as long as yours so I will have to
stop typing.

This morning it was 36 degrees on my deck.  I am now going into my
winterization mode of stuff.  The weather is something that
we can never control but certainly have to adjust to in many ways.

Thank Jim for cranking up ASA!!

Have a good rest of your week.

Les