Whew! pretty long dry spell here is ASA

Hasn't anyone got anything going on that's worth talking about?

I'm installing these Napco Starlink radios one after another. Everybody wan=
t's to control their alarm system with their phones. They like the text mes=
saging. Especially the businesses. They can see who's coming and going and =
when. JUst wish I could integrate some video with it. The IBridge has video=
 and Zwave capability but their video is only with Napco cameras ---- and t=
hey suck.

Four installed last week alone, got half a dozen more coming up in the next=
 couple of weeks along with some 3G to 4G upgrades. Most of those didn't ha=
ve messaging when I installed them so I expect I'll be able to up sell some=
 of them on the messaging for a little bump up in the monthly RMR.

Local Dunkin Doughnuts got held up with shots fired next door to one of my =
alarm accounts. So - - - -  now I've got a 12 camera installation I'm worki=
ng on.=20

I may have already mentioned this but one of my long time customers whom I'=
ve moved with for about 30 years is this time moving into a 60,000 square f=
oot building. It's going to be a gradual move wo I should be able to keep u=
p with it by myself. Although this time I was able to get the electrician t=
o run my wires while he had is crew and man lifts. Only partial system in n=
ow but I installed the Napco 255 zone panel and a huge wiring cabinet with =
lots of wiring terminals. I also put a keypad in the wiring cabinet so I do=
n't have to keep running (seems like) 1/4 of a mile to see what the panel i=
s doing. I put in a humongus Altronix aux power supply that can be monitore=
d of course got a Starlink radio. Used Bosch's ceiling motion detectors bec=
ause of the height of the stringers in the warehouse. They seem to work pre=
tty good now but I'll have to see how it goes when they start to move in so=
me of their equipment. I ordered some armored sheathing for the door wiring=
 and put all the contacts on the tops of the overhead doors. Seven of them =
so far. More to come as they modify the building over the next couple of ye=
ars. The owner is making a space to park his 720S McClarin so he doesn't ha=
ve to leave it outside when he comes to work.  If you've never seen one go =
to the website. Whatta car !!!=20

This friday I've got to go and do a survey of a home of someone who wants t=
o upgrade their 30 year old DSC residential alarm system. With the brief lo=
ok that I took the system has alarm screens and most of the pull plugs are =
broken off and the wires just twisted together. I didn't get to go through =
the whole house (which is why I'm going back) but I think they have a motio=
n detector in every room of the house. Only the front door has a contact on=
 it the rest of the perimeter doors don't - - - -  I guess dependent upon t=
he motion detectors but of course only when they aren't home. I've gotta go=
 back and look in every room to see what kind of conglomeration they put in=
 this home. These folks are getting ready to become snowbirds so they want =
to be able to control the alarm from Florida and they want cameras too. The=
y asked me for a ball park and I just threw $5000.00 at them and it didn't =
seem to raise and eyebrow. so we'll see how it winds up.=20

Got another customer moving to a new location. Had to borrow an installer f=
rom a friend to run the wires to the back of the warehouse and wire in the =
overheads and exit doors. I installed the panel and did the front doors and=
 glass. Took 1 day with me and the installer and one day me alone.

The rest of the stuff is just replacing contacts on new doors or windows. I=
nstalling Ring doorbells. Replacing window foil with glass shock sensors

Did the final touches on a BIG ranch house with an apartment. I did everyth=
ing --- Alarm system ,partitioned, TV'x, Arlo Cameras. Surround sound speak=
ers in ceiling in living room. Internet network for their home, his office =
and for the apartment. Set up two WiFi networks with bridged routers. Wirin=
g for internet telephone and landline for fax. Installed pull down TV brack=
et over the fireplace and set up a Denon receiver for their sound system. I=
 enjoy jobs like that where I do it all. I don't have to work around someon=
e else's work.=20

Well that's all I can think of right now.=20
Maybe is will be some kind of stimulus to get this thing moving again.

=20