Re: Z110 door monitor problems

On 9/4/2020 10:28 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 9/3/2020 10:09 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
>> On Thursday, September 3, 2020 at 10:50:47 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
>>>
>>    funny you should say that..
>>>   >> I was called to repair an old ademco 1023 panel one time..
>>>   >> the original installer had placed a dead short switch across the
>>>   >> DC output ckt, which was used as the "turn system off" switch..
>>>   >> They had put a 10 ohm resistor across the actual arm/disarm
>>>   >> connection on the 1023..
>>>   >> I never did find out if they had made a mistake in wiring or
>>>   >> just didn't know any better...
>>>   >> Oddly it didn't seem to have damaged the panel..
>>>   >> Oh, this one was so old it was using 6vdc indicator bulbs
>>>   >> to display armed and ready to arm...
>>>   >>
>>>   >> --
>>>   >>
>>>   >> *Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*
>>>   >
>>>   > That was the old Ademco 215 push button remote with the red and
>>> white
>>> indicator lights. I think those light bulb were 24 volt bulbs so they
>>> would last forever. The remotes had a keyed version too but I don't
>>> remember the part number to that one. Was it the # 256? Or was that the
>>> one with the silver front, single key and red LED and tamper switch?
>>> They ones with the red and white lights both came with either the push
>>> button or the 2400 flat key locks or the 1300 round UL key or with a UL
>>> round key.
>>>   > Click it's armed ----- click it's disarmed.
>>>   > So simple compared to today's equipment.
>>>   >
>>>

>>> You should introduce your own line of simple alarms like that. Something
>>> for the Luddites.
>>>
>>> Luddite Alarm Systems
>>>

>>> LAS-1 Bells and string.
>>> LAS-2 Bells and wires.
>>> LAS-3 Includes everything in a LAS-1 and a LAS-2, but includes a 12 Gage
>>> sounder.  Only available in the south.
>>
>> Speaking of Luddites, lately I think we could include New York City,
>> Chicago  Portland Oregon and a few other places. If you have to
>> destroy something to get your point across it's good idea to trash the
>> businesses that provide jobs and serve your community ..... Right?
>
> Well, I try not to get into political conversation on-line, but that's
> one I think warrants a lapse in judgement.  The reality is you are
> correct.  Destroying businesses and property in your home does nothing
> good for your community.
>
> Police in many places do treat black people differently and protesting
> is also also warranted, even needed.
>
> Most cops are decent, but there are some bad cops.  An aggressive center
> or core of cops look out for cops no matter what.  They are joined by
> the bad cops they protect, and they generate an air of pressure on good
> cops to protect all cops to hold the line in all circumstances.  Doing
> otherwise can be perceived badly and cause social problems and even
> [...]

  Most of us on here, at this time, could be described as over the hill.
With that said, most of us have developed a certain amount of wisdom..
And most of us have mellowed into the pudgy ole teddy bear..
So, I would be remiss if I didn't remind folks that..

"never poke the ole bear, unless you like getting your head bitten off"

"Backed into a corner", can describe many situtions, AVOID them, if at
all possible...

;-)
--

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*