Re: Z110 door monitor problems

On Thursday, September 3, 2020 at 10:50:47 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:

  funny you should say that..
>  >> I was called to repair an old ademco 1023 panel one time..
>  >> the original installer had placed a dead short switch across the
>  >> DC output ckt, which was used as the "turn system off" switch..
>  >> They had put a 10 ohm resistor across the actual arm/disarm
>  >> connection on the 1023..
>  >> I never did find out if they had made a mistake in wiring or
>  >> just didn't know any better...
>  >> Oddly it didn't seem to have damaged the panel..
>  >> Oh, this one was so old it was using 6vdc indicator bulbs
>  >> to display armed and ready to arm...
>  >>
>  >> --
>  >>
>  >> *Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*
>  >
>  > That was the old Ademco 215 push button remote with the red and white=
=20
> indicator lights. I think those light bulb were 24 volt bulbs so they=20
> would last forever. The remotes had a keyed version too but I don't=20
> remember the part number to that one. Was it the # 256? Or was that the=
=20
> one with the silver front, single key and red LED and tamper switch?=20
> They ones with the red and white lights both came with either the push=20
> button or the 2400 flat key locks or the 1300 round UL key or with a UL=
=20
> round key.
>  > Click it's armed ----- click it's disarmed.
>  > So simple compared to today's equipment.
>  >
>=20
>=20
> You should introduce your own line of simple alarms like that. Something=
=20
> for the Luddites.
>=20
> Luddite Alarm Systems
>=20
>=20
> LAS-1 Bells and string.
> LAS-2 Bells and wires.
> LAS-3 Includes everything in a LAS-1 and a LAS-2, but includes a 12 Gage=
=20
> sounder.  Only available in the south.

Speaking of Luddites, lately I think we could include New York City, Chicag=
o  Portland Oregon and a few other places. If you have to destroy something=
 to get your point across it's good idea to trash the businesses that provi=
de jobs and serve your community ..... Right?