Re: Milwaukee Batteries

On 9/30/2020 8:16 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> I've got a couple Milwaukee 18V Fuel cordless drills that were long
> serving great lasting tools as a contractor.  One is from the very first
> release of the M18 Milwaukee tools, and the other is only a year or 2
> newer.  I did finally have to replace the brushes in one of them, but
> both are going strong... but not at the same time.  Out of the several
> batteries I had for them only one still takes enough charge to be
> useful.  I can still buy the batteries, but they are still expensive.
>
> Who has the best price on these batteries?
>
> I like the drills, but (I hate to admit this...) I bought a pair of
> Harbor Freight Bauer cordless 20V drills and several batteries for the
> shop.  I could get a drill and battery with a charger for less than the
> lowest AH Milwaukee battery.  They work great for shop use.  I don't
> know if they would hold up bouncing around in a tool box on my truck,
> but in the shop at a year old they still look like brand new and they
> get used all the time.  I also picked up a few other Bauer cordless
> tools and service lights to use the same batteries.
>
> I'm not trying to be a commercial for Bauer drills.  What I want is to
> find the best price for some M18 Fuel Milwaukee batteries.  There are
> times when more than 2 cordless drills would be handy and my wife throws
> a temper tantrum if I borrow her Makitas from the house.  Also on the
> front assembly bench in the shop (where all 4 drills and their chargers
> live when not in use) it would be really handy to leave each one with a
> different commonly used tool in the chuck.
>
> So far the only places I've found even a hint of a discount is from MSC,
> but you have to buy six batteries at once.  There is an after market
> battery substitute, but I read a couple reviews indicating they may not
> hold up.  Could also be tool dealers posting trash reviews.
> Unfortunately a lot of that happens.
>
> So anyway, who has the best price on the Milwaukee M18 batteries?
>
> I have also considered just going down to Harbor Freight and buying two
> more Bauer drills.  They hold up fine (so far) for shop use.  The
> Bauer's feel ok in the hand, but not as nice as the Milwaukee.  They
> have plenty of torque, and the larger batteries have decent battery
> life.  The only thing I actually dislike about the Bauer's is the smell.
>   It doesn't give me a headache or anything, but its noticeable.  Like
> it has an aromatic mold release they didn't wash off the injection mold
> parts before assembly.
>
> So again, who has the best price on the Milwaukee M18 batteries?

Golly Gee Whiz Bob!!

I can't answer your question directly, but, I can do a little searching
for you.  Below is the results of my search.  Good Luck!!

Les

https://www.batteriesplus.com/search?q=Milwaukee+M18+batteries+Fuel
OR
Battery Warehouse @  https://www.batterywarehouseonline.com/

Milwaukee M18 48-11-1815 48-11-1828 Replacement Battery
Quick View
Sku: CS-MKM180PW
Milwaukee M18 48-11-1815 48-11-1828 Replacement Battery
$49.99
ADD TO CART

Milwaukee M18 48-11-1815 48-11-1828 Replacement Hi-Cap Battery
Quick View
Sku: CS-MKM180PX
Milwaukee M18 48-11-1815 48-11-1828 Replacement Hi-Cap Battery
$59.99
OR
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=milwaukee+m18+lithium+battery+fuel&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

OR