Re: Whew! pretty long dry spell here is ASA

On Tuesday, September 29, 2020 at 11:29:51 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:

> Funny!!  A number of years ago my wife was working for a Temp Agency.
> She was sent to a Dr. Office.  She was told to double and triple every
> appointment.  So your experience wins!!
>
> Also about 20 years ago my family doctor retired and transferred all his
> patients to another doctor.  I ended up making an appointment at the new
> office.  I showed up as I always do about 5 minutes early.  I checked in
> and took a seat in the waiting area.  I sat there for 45 minutes before
> being called back to an exam room.  Sat in the exam room for 15 minutes
> till the doctor came in.  Bla Bla Bla  He said, make an appointment for
> two weeks and I will give you small bottle to come back with a urine
> sample.  So I went out to the counter and asked what was the very first
> appointment in the morning.  The girl says that will be 8:30am.  I said
> I will take the 8L30am appointment in two weeks.
> So, I returned again 5 minutes early for the 8:30am appointment.
> Checked in and went to the waiting area.  There was another guy
> sitting there and he was doubled over in pain.  In my humble opinion
> the guy was having a Kidney Stone attack.  Having a large number myself
> I really do know.
>
> Anyhow I sat there for 35 minutes.  The other guy was still there
> as well and still in visible pain.  At that point I got up and went
> to the counter and asked the girl "What is the value of having an
> appointment in this office."  She giggled and said "What time was
> your appointment."  To which I said, "It really doesn't matter
> because you can flush it!!"  I slammed the pee bottle down and
> walked out.
>
> Later when I got home I sat at my computer and drafted a letter to
> the doctor.  Explaining and detailing my experiences in his office.
> At the end I stated the following.
> "You will find with this letter an invoice for my time.  You may pay
> it or not.  By your action I will understand."
>
> Two weeks letter I received a check in the mail.  I never went back
> and I found another doctor.
>
> Les

Well, I've got two great takeaways from this thread.

1. Bob's "Proverb"

(I was) "We were born with an abundance of tolerance and a bunch of stupid
people used it all up over the years."

2, And you ----- billing the doctor back for your time.

I gotta try that next time.

Thanks