Re: Check in

On 4/4/2020 4:47 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> Hey!
>
> How's everybody doing?
>
> How about a periodic check-in just to let each other know how we're doing
>
> I've just stopped working as of Friday and will probably not go out except for necessary reasons.
>
> New York is a hot spot and it's getting real scary here.
>
> I don't know anyone personally who's caught the virus but statistics are going up and up all around me.

Ok, it has been almost a week and a half since the last funny
story and I am guessing it is time for a "Check In".

So I will be the first to say Hello to all!!!

Things here are still "NUTS"!!  Friday I did my VERY FIRST EVER, Very
First Ever replacement of a concealed panic hardware on a full glass
aluminum entrance door.  The hard part came when the bottom rod was
longer than the top and I could not remove up the door.  That is when
I realized that the door was going to have to be removed from the
frame at the hinges.  There was nobody helping me.  There was
nobody at the store.  All alone was I!! At the point I was at, there
was no going back.  I had to do this myself............  Had to
prep the area where to place the door on the sidewalk. Used some wire
boxes from the van to support the door.  Then I started to remove the
hinge screws.  The fist Phillips Head screw was already stripped,
impossible to remove, had to drill out the screw.  Aggggggg!!!

Finally got all the hinge screws out and then............ I then
realize that the door was VERY VERY heavy.  All the time I am
thinking....... Don't break the glass.........................

After assembly and re-mounting all was good.  Oh Yea!!  Had to
go to local hardware store to get new hinge screws.  #12-24!!!
Fortunately they had the flat head screws but not Philips Head.
I was TOLD while looking for the screws that my red bandanna needed
be over my nose............  It fogs my glasses and I can't see!!
Oh, I forgot to mention I was the ONLY customer in the building!!

Anyhow, the door is good and I am quite pleased with the completed
task!!  I will be more pleased when the invoice is paid.

I can now add "Door Repair Fixer Upper" to my resume'.

That's my story and I am sticking to it!!!  :-)

Hope all you's are doing as well as possible and everybody is
being safe a you can.

Be advised that everything you hear today will be different tomorrow.

Les